Kulmbach airfield (EDQK) - Home of ChrisPiAviation
My scenery creation "career" started with this very airfield more than 2 years ago. The runway was flipped by 180° by default back in the day which really annoyed me since this is my home airfield. That's when I went into learning how to create sceneries.
Many scenery projects have been released since then and we now came full circle with this airfield, which is a complete overhaul of my very first scenery project. This time around the attention to detail has increased dramatically and now custom buildings with custom textures are included. Since this airfield is only 10 Minutes away from where I live (plus I spent a lot of time there in general), this scenery is as acurate as I possibly can make it.
You get runway starts (RWY 27/09, 750x30m) as well as several parking spots for cold-and-dark all across the airfield areal.
ICAO-Code: EDQK, Frequency: 118.530Mhz
[ V1.1 ]
- "Mowed" Grass looks alright now (lower grass compared to other areas)
- Hangar southwest of the control tower got replaced to look closer to the original
- 2 Hangars on the western part of the airfield got replaced to look closer to reality as well.
- Hangar just west of the tower was moved to its correct position (further east)
- Some small corrections of the airfield altogether.
- Runway designators changed - now 26/08
- Plassenburg castle added (basic version because scenery editor messed up detailed version)
- Bump on runway between taxi way B and the half runway markers still present. Scenery Editor doesn't allow to change it.
- Plassenburg castle is too high in elevation. Scenery Editor does mess this up as well. Tried to conceal that bug with vegetation.
As usual additional files are needed, namingly:
Open the downloaded file and place the "chrispiaviation_edqk" folder inside the community folder. Dependencies (additional files) listed above need to be inside the community folder as well.