NOTE!! This is the FSX version of my MSFS Touch Portal Plugin.
- It can also connect to MSFS (2020) but will lack some features like WASM and HubHop integration, and setting multiple SimConnect Event values.
- Both plugins can be installed in Touch Portal at the same time and operate independently (they have unique TP Actions, States, and Events).
- Pages/buttons made for the MSFS version of the plugin will NOT work with this version, and vice versa.
- I added FSX versions of a "Connect" button and Starter/Example page to the wiki.
- It has been tested with the original boxed Deluxe version with SP2 and Accelleration Pack installed.
- It should work with any later version, including Steam and Accelleration Edition.
- It may work with some versions of Prepar3D.
- You should not need to have any specific version of the SimConnect client installed (all libraries are included in the plugin.
This plugin provides tools to build two-way interactive interfaces between Touch Portal macro launcher software and Flight Simulators which use older 32-bit SimConnect, such as Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX). The plugin makes available new Touch Portal Actions, Connectors, States, and Events for creating buttons and pages suitable for virtually any simulated aircraft, component, or system.
- Connects to local or remote simulators with SimConnect.
- Allows getting data variables from simulator at regular intervals, such as flight instrument readings, control surface positions, or switch states.
- Allows triggering any interactive aircraft event via Touch Portal Actions, such as setting switches, adjusting control surfaces, radio frequencies, and so on.
- Use Touch Portal "Sliders" to control a value within any range, and/or provide visual feedback to simulator variable changes (eg. a throttle slider can both control the sim throttle and show the actual position when the throttle is moved with mouse/joystick/keyboard).
- Completely configurable to request any variable or trigger any event supported by the connected simulator.
- Supports simulator system events (such as "flight loaded" or "sim started") as Touch Portal Events.
- Allows simultaneous usage from multiple networked Touch Portal devices.
- Includes database of all SimConnect Events and SimVars imported from MSFS online documentation.
Downloads and Repository
The project is published and maintained at: https://github.com/mpaperno/MSFSTouchPortalPlugin
Please follow the links above for more information, documentatoin, example pages, and the latest releases.
IF YOU DOWNLOAD FROM HERE: Unzip the file you downloaded here and extract the ".tpp" file inside. Then it can be imported into Touch Portal. Please see the README for further instructions.
Support and Discussion
Copyright (c) 2020 Tim Lewis;
Copyright Maxim Paperno, all rights reserved;
Copyright MSFSTouchPortalPlugin Project Contributors
See repository for license details, copyright, and disclaimer information.