MSFS Livery Tools
MSFS Livery Tools is a Windows application to help creating liveries for existing aircrafts on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. It deals with all bureaucratic steps of livery creation, so that you can focus on your creative work:
- Package your livery and automatically create the needed files and folders.
- Create texture maps from glTF files (including those already built for MSFS).
- Extract images from glTF JSON files and compress them again to DDS format.
- Convert selected DDS images to PNG and back to DDS.
- Creating the directory structure of a package.
- Creating an "aircraft.cfg" file based on the original aircraft and variation information.
- Creating a "manifest.json" file (optionally based on the original manifest).
- Creating a "panel.cfg" file and changing:
- variation override;
- external registration font color and stroke.
- Creating descriptive JSON files for DDS textures (.DDS.json).
- Creating flag file for textures (.FLAGS) – not on the graphical user interface.
- Creating and updating package layout files ("layout.json").
- Managing thumbnails (converting from capture tool, resizing and adding a placeholder).
Instalation and usage
MSFS Livery Tools uses Microsoft's texconv.exe in order to extract and compress texture files.
If you like MSFS Livery Tools and want to support it, please consider subscribing to the author's YouTube channel – indeed, the whole application has been created to customize liveries for this channel.