A. PROJECT DESCRIPTION
This is a simple port-over of my old addon from FSX to MSFS2020, expanded a bit comparing to the original version. This is late 70s light transport/commuter twin-engine turboprop, 18 seats or 2000kg (4400 lbs) cargo payload. This project was possible directly thanks other people's kindness so please, look at “credits & thanks” section to learn about them. The addon has been tested in MSFS 2020 ver. 22.214.171.124 with DirectX 11, also in VR on Rift S. Currently, the project consists of 4 different models of the An-28 in 16 liveries, all of them with TWD10/PZL10S engines and either 3-blade АВ-24АН propeller or 5-blade Hertzell propeller (astethic change only, atm). For the full lists of versions and their liveries, please refer to An28_readme.pdf included in this package. Sound package isn’t Wwise but was built on custom samples of the TWD10 engine, plus effect sounds from FSX. All of that was mixed with KingAir 350i sound package and sound.xml.
B. FUTURE PLANS
I can say that I have the will to improve this, as long as config changes are considered, especially in area of FM. Perhaps, I would be able to supplement the model with bump and specular maps, later. However, changing model mesh and UVW mapping or up-scaling textures is beyond the scope of this particular project. Thus, you may as well consider it as the first and likely the final major release of this addon. Next step might be a native version of this addon, built from scratch, but that's a different and long story.
C. KNOWN BUGS / IMPERFECTIONS
Please note - this is port-over, not an addon in native format. If you’re perfectionist looking for quality stuff, please don’t even touch this as it’s not for you. I do not need bug reports visuals-related, I can see how the models looks by myself. I can test how it flies and compare it against published data as well. There are numerous deficiencies related to models, textures, config or FM. To learn the full list of those, please refer to An28_readme.pdf that is located in \Documentation folder within the package you downloaded. However, if you faced critical bug, something that's wierd, please do not hesitate to report it here in comments section or directly to me via PM.
The package has been scanned with antivirus software in accordance with flightsim.to rules just before I uploaded it, but I can not guarantee that it will not harm your computer in any way. You known the rules! Use at your own risk. You need ca. 1.54 GB free space on your HDD to unpack this addon plus additional 106MB of textures in _CVT folder created by MSFS after the first run with this addon.
1. Unzip the package to temporary folder.
2. Copy folder named „pzl_an28” (the one containing "SimObjects" folder inside) into your “Community” folder.
3. Read the An28_readme.pdf, included in the package, in \Documentation folder. It may include answers for your questions that may arise while using the addon in the sim.
For better experience, I reccomend using two addons alongside this package: GNT750 addon by PMS50 (if you don't like the built-in GPS) and "the new lights" by nicottine (if you don't like default lights).
E. CREDITS & THANKS
- Vadim Duplishev (aka DPL), who gave me permission to work on his model of An-28.
- Vonsmallhousenn, who made initial conversion of the plane into MSFS and helped me to understand the differences between FSX and MSFS, he was also very active in development bringing multiple ideas and solutions.
- Radek & Elvira, who helped me in the way no other people could.
F. COPYRIGHT AND LICENCE INFORMATION
This addon includes model (ie. pilot from DC-3), textures and sound samples taken from Flight Simulator X © Microsoft Corporation, model and texture of AS1000 with its panel.xml as well as a sound package of KingAir 350i with assosciated sound.xml. Those elements were included in this project under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules". Please note, this project is not endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft. You can read the rules here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/developers/rules
Apart from above mentioned elements, the rest of the project was made under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 International licence. You can read it here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
For full text of this addon’s EULA, please read An28_readme.pdf included in the addon’s package.
If you like it or you want to appreciate the people who work on the addon, please consider leaving “Like” and rate this addon.
Radek Koterbski (aka NightIntruder)
May 12, 2023
This the whole package which replaces the previous one. Delete the "pzl_an28" and "pzl_an28_CVT_" folders from your Community folder, unpack this update, copy folder named "pzl_an28" and paste it into your Community folder. The size of the addon (unpacked) is 1.59GB.
- livery of Antonov Airlines/Design Bureau added
- automatic leading edge slats added -> they deploy below 170kph
- flaps drag slightly increased, pitch decreased
- the default weight of pilots corrected to 170 lbs/each
- fuel bladder tank in cargo compartment added ("Center1" with 1000 l) to facilitate long ferry flights (no actual model of it is present)
- flap sound changed to support slats operations (very short quite sound is heard when slats deploy/retract)
This the whole package which replaces the previous one. Those who already adjusted cameras.cfg for their needs, may want to back-up the file and later replace the newly provided with their own one.
Delete the "pzl_an28" and "pzl_an28_CVT_" folders from your Community folder, unpack this update, copy folder named "pzl_an28" and paste it into your Community folder. The size of the package is roughly the same as the previous one.
- cameras.cfg changed to adjust camview position in default cockpit view - fix by vonsmallhousenn
- in all military versions "atc_parking_types" type "CARGO" has been added in aircraft.cfg
- "icao_manufacturer" and "icao_model" names have been corrected in aircraft.cfg
- engine heat blur effect positions corrected - fix by vonsmallhousenn
- a changelog file has been added to the "pzl_an28" folder
ver. 20230512 - first public release