“I love the smell of 100 low lead and Defoliant in the morning.”
I'm brand spanking new to aircraft development so, keep in mind, this project is very much a work in progress. I chose the Grumman G164-B because it has personal significance to me. My dad was an ag pilot for 30+ years and he owned and operated a G164-A for a portion of that time.
It's a completely native, hand-crafted model that I worked on for quite a while. It's obviously is not a true 1:1 representation of the real thing because, frankly, finding online reference resources for an Ag Cat is pretty challenging. The main intent of this project was to learn the ins and outs of development from the ground up, so you'll notice there is a great deal of detailing and features that need to be added/tweaked. I do intend to revisit this project and iron out such details in the future.
I would greatly appreciate any constructive criticism from anyone who has any to offer!
Special thanks to Jonx, Technotech, Hanger 713, and all the fine folks at the FS2 discord server for the tips and tricks that helped get me off the ground!
Also, a huge thanks to everyone who has downloaded and given feedback on this aircraft's performace!
- Animated exterior.
- Animated interior.
- Animated agricultural spray effect.
- Working cockpit (some features like elevator trim control and spray system controls to be added later).
- The spray effect is linked to the aircraft flaps so you’ll need to map RETRACT FLAPS and EXTEND FLAPS to a convenient location on your peripheral of choice. EXTEND FLAPS will turn the spray on, RETRACT FLAPS turns it off.
- Unzip the downloaded file to any location on your PC
- Remove any older versions of this aircraft from your community folder.
- Copy and paste the “krcustoms-g164b” and “krcustoms-boom-spray" folders into your community folder.