Stavanger airport, Sola.
Stavanger Airport, Sola, is Norway's third busiest airport with both international and domestic flights in addition to serving as a major hub for offshore North Sea oil installation helicopter traffic. The Royal Norwegian Air Force 330 squadron operates AW101 "SAR Queen" search and rescue helicopters from the previously military east side of the airport. Just north of the field is an air history museum. Originally opened in 1937 as one of Europe's first concrete covered airports.
Runway 18-36 has a CAT II ILS system and is the primary runway with 10-28 mostly serving helicopter traffic.
A big thank you to Foxbat20 (https://flightsim.to/profile/Foxbat20) for the use of the military hangars, air history museum and 330 squadron SAR building.
I'd also like to thank FSDesigns (https://flightsim.to/profile/FSDesigns) for help with testing.
Like some other addon airports, the following will cause issues:
Justflight / Black Square's Real Taxiways - Terraforming and parking spots.
GSX pro - Terraforming, jetways and parking spots. Disable jetways for ENZV in the GSX config utility or you will experience broken terraforming and other issues that will make the airport unusable.
Andres3d airport lights - extra lightmasts in wrong positions.
I have implemented support for Nool Aerosystems' VDGS utility on gates 8-24. This is the same VDGS module being used in certain payware airports. Using these is completely optional and requires the installation of their module. The utility uses an exe file to collect information from installed aircraft cfg files to determine accurate nosewheel position and a wasm module that will let the display guide you to an accurate stop every time.
The display will automatically wake up as you taxi towards your gate showing you the detected aircraft type and flight number and start giving you distance guidance as you move closer. It will also show you current ingame time while parked.
To install the VDGS module please download it here: https://flightsim.to/file/39576/msfs-visual-docking-guidance-system
- Runway and taxiway lights may spawn at wrong elevation on terraformed airports. This is an MSFS issue. Setting higher Terrain off-screen pre-caching and higher Terrain LOD settings help.
- extra floating parking spot number at helipad 61
Fixed SU11 issue with approach and arrival procedures
Added helipads. (Will keep the old parking spots until 3rd party helis are helipadcompatible).
(Sorry for another update)
NOTE: v2.0.9 and v2.0.10 may give you issues due to different approach data for 29/11 vs 28/10.
Stay on v2.0.8 for instrument approaches to 29/11 for now. I'll see what I can do about this in the future.
- Fixed ILS alignment due to changed magvar at ENZV.
- Removed Localizer for rwy 11 (10) as this has been removed in real life.
Minor update. North pole moved again, so rwy 29-11 is now renamed to 28-10. Literally the only change.
Minor terraforming fixes and gate parking spot changes to help AI maximise parking usage.
VDGS update. Performance improvement. Requires updating vdgs installation to v2.1.0 or later.
VDGS Update. Now shows stand number, flight number and time.
Version 2.0.0. This is a major update.
DELETE OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING
- Custom passenger terminal, helicopter terminal, helicopter hangar and firestation.
- Parking garage partially demolished and custom modeled to reflect IRL status.
- (New buildings are detailed on airside only).
- Custom working glass jetways at gates 8-19.
- Static S-92 helicopters added from my asset pack.
- Overhaul of all taxisigns.
- Terraforming updates
- Vegetation fixes (SAR helicopter apron forest is finally defeated).
- Implemented optional Nool Aerosystems VDGS at gates 8-19. Please read description.
Asset pack info:
This airport uses my asset pack. It can be downloaded here: ENxx asset pack
Other useful addons in the area:
- Custom models:
- Passenger terminal
- Fire station
- Helicopter terminal
- CHC hangar
- Fighter shelters
- Light masts
- Helicopter stand numbers
- Mil hangars (Foxbat20)
- 330 sq SAR hangar (Foxbat20)
- Custom working glass jetways
- Custom groundmarking and textures including painted taxisigns
- Taxiways and parking correctly placed and named
- AI compatible
- Corrected runways and approach lights
- Corrected windsocks
- Corrected buildings using stock models
- Ground clutter with stock models and vehicles.
- Fixed airportservices.
- Correctly aligned ILS with working autotuning.
- World update 5 fixes
- Complete overhaul of runway profile and terraforming to work with new elevation mesh (DEM)
- ILS now correctly aligned and works with autotuning.
- (Known issue: A small forest has appeared on the SAR helicopter apron. It's impossible to remove)
Implemented asset pack. I've included it in the zip for convenience, but for the future I recommend always installing the latest update.
- New light masts.
- Animated runway guard lights.
- Upgraded apron 7 (helicopter apron) including custom light masts, concrete barriers, stand numbers, dolly.
- Added some startup positions for helictopers, named 53H - 64H.
- Added groundmarkings on helicopter apron.
- Corrected 27-11 to 29-11 on taxisigns.
- Added jet fighter shelters.
- Swapped out some default buildings on apron P13 (GA).
This file was uploaded to flightsim.to and may NOT be redistributed by other sites or services.