The legendary Alouette III helicopter is coming to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020,
The Sud Aviation Alouette III is a single-engine, light utility helicopter designed and manufactured in France in the 1950s. It was initially developed for both civil and military purposes, and has since been widely used for a variety of missions including transportation of personnel and cargo, aerial reconnaissance, search and rescue, and even as a gunship.
The Alouette III has a distinctive sleek and slender profile, with a three blade main rotor and a tail rotor mounted on the starboard side of the tail boom. It has a spacious cabin that can accommodate up to seven passengers or up to 1,200 kg of cargo, and can operate in a wide range of environmental conditions and altitudes.
The helicopter is powered by a single Turbomeca Artouste IIIB turboshaft engine, which provides a maximum power output of 870 horsepower. It has a maximum speed of around 220 km/h (120 knots) and a range of up to 500 km (270 nautical miles).
The Alouette III has been widely exported to many countries around the world, and has been produced in various versions, including a naval version for use on ships. It has also been extensively used in military conflicts, including the Vietnam War and the Falklands War.
Overall, the Sud Aviation Alouette III is a highly versatile and reliable helicopter that has served in a wide range of missions for over six decades. Its simple yet rugged design and excellent performance characteristics have made it a popular choice for both civilian and military operators around the world.
This addon will have the following features
- Detailed exterior model
- Detailed interior model
- Exclusive sound package
- Detailed animations of the different parts of the aircraft
- More than a dozen attachments options
- Detailed flight model
- Wheel and float versions
- 23 liveries
And much more...
BIG THANKS TO:
- The Museu do Ar for letting us record the real sounds of the Alouette in their great Museum in Sintra, Portugal!
- Fred from Airland Studios who's help allowed to have a great flight model
- Sergio from Helisimmer for his immense support
- All my community on Discord
Without who it wouldn't be possible...
Why consider buying the Alouette III for Microsoft Flight Simulator?
There are several reasons why one might consider buying the Alouette III add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator:
- 1. Historical Significance: The Alouette III is a legendary helicopter that has been in service for over 50 years, and has played a major role in military and civilian operations around the world. Flying this helicopter in Microsoft Flight Simulator allows you to experience a piece of aviation history and pay tribute to the men and women who have flown it.
- 2. Challenging Flight Characteristics: The Alouette III is known for its unique flight characteristics, which make it a challenging helicopter to fly. With its small size, nimble handling, and powerful engine, the Alouette III requires a skilled pilot to maneuver it through complex flight scenarios and challenging weather conditions.
- 3. Realistic Simulation: The Alouette III add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator is designed to provide a realistic simulation of the helicopter, with accurate flight dynamics, authentic sound effects, and high-quality 3D models. The cockpit and instrument panel are faithfully reproduced to provide a true-to-life flying experience.
- 4. Versatile Performance: The Alouette III is a versatile helicopter that can perform a wide range of missions, from search and rescue to medical evacuation, cargo transport, and more. This makes it an ideal choice for pilots who want to explore different scenarios and challenges in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Overall, the Alouette III add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator offers a unique and exciting flying experience that is sure to appeal to aviation enthusiasts and fans of classic helicopters alike.
Buy the Alouette III now and enjoy flying one of the most iconic looking and sounding aircraft of its time!
- Simply drag and drop your files into your Community folder