** 2.2.1 Now Available - See Notice Below **
** File size has been reduced to ~16Mb **
*** Microsoft has updated the satellite imagery around KGCN in their lastest World Update 10, so I have removed my custom imagery since it is no longer needed; I recommand doing a clean install and not copying over files. I'll leave the older version avaible but there are problems with the vegetation around the airport due to new update.
Grand Canyon National Park Airport is a state-owned public-use airport located in Tusayan, Arizona; located 7 miles from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon National.
What does this scenery package do?
The default Grand Canyon National Park Airport (KGCN) needed some much help with almost zero buildings, misaligned taxiways and a lack of uniqueness. I created this mod to enhance KGCN with proper 3D assets including: hangars, terminals, vehicles, roads, and vegetation around the airport; along with fixes to the runway and taxiway. This is not a 100% perfect representation of KGCN but I hope the additions to the airport makes it feel more real.
This addon now uses some of the amazing models from Mikea.at, so make sure to get their assetpack using the link below or through the dependencies tab above.
FPS optimization is still on-going but the hit using this mod now is ~5 fps.
- Updated to be compatible with World Update 10
- Removed custom satellite imagery (No longer needed)
- Adjusted vegetation around airport to match new Bing data
- Fixed aprons and roads to match Bing imagery
- Minor changes with 3D objects
- New Custom Models (Multiple hangars, Signs)
- Minor adjustment to parking, lights, and static objects
- Reworked some of the aprons
- Fixed some known issues with 3D models
- Adjusted the area around the Papillion Grand Canyon Helicopter Tours
Download the zip file and extract it to the community folder.
The community folder should be located inside your Microsoft Flight Simulator Folder which resides in the AppData.