After a very long time in development, as well as a lot of learning along the way, my Spitfire Mk VB has finally been released to the flight simulator!
This is still a WIP so expect some missing features, as well as some textures not being up to par with Microsoft Flight sim standards.
Things that are under developent:
- Intergrated WW2 pilot model.
- Full start up procedure.
- More instruments.
- More variants and liveries.
Liveries included in the package:
- Fictional D-Day livery
- Real Norwegian Spitfire Mk VB livery of 332 Norwegian squadron
- Desert livery BR487 of 497 squadron flown by Sgt Clive Percival Lloyd (with trop filter)
- Donald Duck livery from 303 polish squadron, flown by Jan Zumbach
- Fictional livery based on the Mk 9 Pink PR (Photo Recon) livery
Future liveries coming to the aircraft:
-American livery BL766 of 336th fighter squadron
Aircraft variants included in the package:
- Standard Mk VB variant
- Mk VB clipped wing variant
- Mk VB tropical variant
(Disclaimer: These all use the same flight model currently, however I am working on giving them separate flight models eventually)
The Spitfire Mk VB was a fighter during WW2. It was the most produced Spitfire ever with over 6,464 units produced. This version of the Mk V, the VB was fitted with two 20mm cannons, and 4 .303 calibre machine guns.
The Spitfire Mk V was fitted with the merlin 45 v12 engine with 1,440 horse power.
NEW UPDATE 1.2!
The update includes:
New liveries! (Thanks to Reaper7645 for the desert livery)
Two new model variants! (with the same flight models)