Southwest Airlines "The Herbert D. Kelleher" livery for the PMDG Boeing 737-800. I usually don't dabble with fictionals; however, liked the livery on the MAX 8 and wanted to recreate it on the -800.
A slightly modified version of Southwest's original Desert Gold scheme, "The Herbert D. Kelleher" is a tribute to former co-founder, CEO, and chairman of Southwest Airlines, Herbert D. Kelleher (hence the "HK" at the end of "N871HK"). A Boeing 737 MAX 8 currently flies the scheme. The MAX 8 and -800 have subtle livery differences for Southwest and I attempted to realistically intrepret what the livery would look like if it were fitted to an -800 while keeping as many details from the real world MAX 8 livery as possible.
- Custom Southwest Airlines cabin
- Accurate SWA-specific stencils
- Realistic SWA aircraft/equipment configurations pre-installed
- Cockpit and Exterior Weathering
- Improved Textures and Metallics
- Southwest Airlines cockpit decals and placards (IDG Stickers, CATIII plate, Broadband Wifi Panel, Airworthiness/Registration Information, Yoke Evacuation Checklist, etc)
- Southwest Airlines Pushback Tug
1. Open the corresponding folder and install the PTP file via the PMDG Operations Center v2
2. Because aircraft configurations don't always properly save, I've created a "Southwest Airlines 737NG Configurations" .pdf document to assist in setting up SWA liveries to correctly mimick their real world counterpart. Verified by Southwest and other 737 pilots. It is included in the download and you can also view it via this link: SWA 737NG Configurations
- Mirrored cabin details. Due to PMDG mapping
If you like my work and would like to support me, you can donate via this link: My PayPal
I've also created Southwest Airlines ground equipment vehicles. You can download them via this link: SWA GSE
Feel free to join the Canvas Corner discord server where you can see livery progress and download many other liveries from myself and friends: https://discord.gg/W2gFugg2ka
Please do not modify, redistribute, or reupload this livery or contents of this livery without permission.