Gillespie Field (ICAO:KSEE) is a county-owned public towered airport, 12 miles northeast downtown San Diego and the beach in California. The airport is mostly used for general aviation, with 3 runways. Gillespie is the home of San Diego Air & Space Museum Annex, the ASTREA (the air support unit of the San Diego County Sheriff's Department) and a dozen of other businesses and flight clubs/schools like my club Plus One Flyers.
As for all of my MSFS mod, this small scenery is made from a pilot-eyes perspective. In real, I'm a Plus One Flyers member and mostly fly from Montgomery Field but Gillespie is one of the fourth base. I'm real PPL but a rookie amateur scenery developer: this mod is made with 99% of MSFS default objects library and feature massive number of details. The scenery is inspired by some of my personal videos and pictures, the FAA From the Flight Deck - Gillespie Field Airport, but mostly by high resolution aerial views from Bing and Google maps. It's a mix between the satellite imagery displayed from MSFS and more accurate data found on Internet. 1800+ objects have been added to the default scenery to make in more live and bring a touch of an active area.
- Taxiways : all corrected and fixed
- 150+ taxiway signs : complete redesign, correct name according to last charts, add some of the two sided taxiway sign, example at D5).
- Taxiway lines: complete redesign, position and correct, add "center line enhanced" represented 1400+ taxiway paths.
- Buildings: all airport hangars/FBO's and buildings have been replaced by MSFS objects library: Speer Hangar Assoc, Allen Airways Flying Museum, California Flight Academy, American Aviation Academy, SAA (Scandinavian Aviation Academy), ASTREA, Golden State Flying Club, Safari Aviation, Southern Cal Aircraft, High Performance Aircraft, Terminal, San Diego Aerospace Museum, Circle Air, El Cajon Pilot Supply... Let me know if you have details missing somewhere (high quality pictures welcome)
- Fences: all around the field.
- Ground markings:
- Big TAXI yellow ground markings to avoid confusion with runways 27R and 27L and handcrafted (amateur) red intersection runway.
- Helipads at Mercy Air and on the transient apron north of the Terminal.
- Reveal of Compass Rose west of the field on D1
- Windsocks: correct placement and addition
- Night blue light poles: remove the maximum of undesired extra poles
- Static aircrafts at ASTREA (stock Bell 407), Stearman at the Airpark and Skycrane at High Perf FBO from E.Baranger (https://sketchfab.com/helijah/models).
- No extra library or depedencies required.
How to install? Unzip the file into your Community folder. Keep the folder structure from the zip (\AirportServices \ContentInfo, \MaterialLibs, \scenery, layout.json and manifest.json at the root directory). Once installed go to KSEE as usual, the scenery is overlayed over the existing default one.
If you love the San Diego area, please consider my other productions:
- KMYF Montgomery Field : https://flightsim.to/file/5856/montgomery-gibbs-exec-airport-taxiway-fix-and-many-more
- KRNM Ramona : https://flightsim.to/file/25710/ramona-krnm
- KOKB OceanSide : https://flightsim.to/file/37328/oceanside-box-maxwell-memorial-airfield-kokb
- KSDM Brown Field: https://flightsim.to/file/38035/brown-field-muni-kdsm
- L18 Fallbrook Community Airpark : https://flightsim.to/file/63441/fallbrook-community-airpark-l18
- The Bush Trip "San Diego VFR Transition" : https://flightsim.to/file/6276/vfr-transitions-at-san-diego
- Some missing taxiway signs (see "Request / I need you" below")
- Size of taxiway signs (currently "size 3") maybe too big. I need your feedback.
- Parking spots (orientation) should be verified.
- The new extension of main apron (2023) needs to be integrate.
- Free stocked MSFS : Sedona
- World Update II (USA) and X (USA)
I need you : there're several specific signs on taxiways that I found like "ATC NON VISUAL AREA", "Be a Good Neighbor". These make the scenery unique and I look for others I was unable to identify. If you have pictures, feel free to share with me!
Not included: attention to night environment.