Note: Requires the version of OMDB included with MSFS Premium Deluxe. There are different installation instructions depending on whether you have GSX Pro - see below.
This is a complete overhaul of Asobo's Premium Deluxe OMDB, combining Asobo's eye candy with an accurate and usable airport in all other respects. Everything has been changed except for Asobo's airport building models. This update includes custom, highly detailed ground textures, additional custom objects (gate signage, VDGS stands, Concourse D jetway links, missing logos and signs), overhauled runways and taxiways, terraforming, accurate night lighting, and much more.
If you don't have GSX Pro:
- Open the "1. Default Asobo Jetways Version" folder.
- Move "qnh997-omdb-overhaul" into your Community folder.
If you have GSX Pro:
- Open the "2. GSX Jetways Version - Requires GSX" folder.
- Move "qnh997-omdb-overhaul" into your Community folder. If you install the GSX version, do not install the main file - choose one or the other.
- Download the GSX Profile for the airport HERE.
- If you want more accurate jetway logos, follow the instructions in the readme.
- Make sure OMDB is disabled in the Jetway Configuration section of your GSX settings (which can be accessed via the FSDT Installer).
OPTIONAL (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) DOWNLOADS
To see static aircraft: Static aircraft have been included in select long-term parking and maintenance spots. You will need FSLTL to see them (AIG is no longer required). I have not added any static a/c to any active aprons, to preserve their usability on VATSIM and with offline traffic.
To fix unrealistically tall autogen on the approach into 12L/R:
- Open the "3. OPTIONAL Autogen Height Correction" folder.
- Copy "qnh997-MENA-autogen-correction" into your Community folder.
Note: this will change the height of apartment buildings across the Middle East and North Africa region, not just in Dubai. I personally prefer this, but if you do not, don't use this file.
Updates not showing: If you are amongst the few users facing issues getting the file to work, make sure my file is loading AFTER the Asobo OMDB package using the package order function in the Experimental settings menu.
Floating jetways: Jetways and jetway links may appear to be floating/unlinked to the terminals, especially when using the drone camera. This is a sim bug, not a scenery bug.
ISSUES AND FEEDBACK
Comment below or direct message me. All feedback is welcome 😊
COMMERCIAL USE AND DISTRIBUTION WITHOUT PERMISSION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.